Tibet Pilgrim Tour: from Lhasa to Kathmandu
Tsedang, Gyantse, Shigatse, BaceCamp of Mt. Everest, Zhangmu, Kathmandu
Tour Code: 4WD-W-007
Destination: Lhasa, Shigatze, Zhedang, Mt. Everest Basecamp, Zhangmu
Good time to visit: from May to Oct
We have three full days in Lhasa which gives us ample time to see the most important sites and allows us to acclimatise to the altitude in the comforts of the Holiday Inn, and then really enjoy the overland trip through the Himalaya at the end of the tour. The circuit focuses on the major valleys in U-Tsang: the very heart of Tibet from both an historic and a geographic point of view, and the breathtaking view of Qomolangma Peak at the Base Camp fascinating region. Then you will go to Kthmandu via friendship bridge. Spend three day to visit Kathmandu City-capital and largest city of Nepal to explore the culture and enjoy the beauty of the village and the Valley. It could give you a favorable impression of Nepal.
DAY-BY-DAY DETAILED ITINERARY:
Day 1 Lhasa
Arrive in Lhasa, meet and greet at the airport, transfer to the hotel; adapt to the environment or visit Norbulingka, stay in 3-star hotel.
Day 2 Lhasa (by jeep，BL)
Full day tour in Lhasa: visit Potala Palace, Jokang Temple , Bakhor Bazaar, stay in the same.
Day 3 Lhasa(by jeep， BL)
Visit Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery, and Norbulingka. Stay in the same;
Day 4 Lhasa/Ganden/Lhasa （BL）
Drive to visit Ganden monastery. It is the greatest and the oldest of the six Gelug Sects monasteries, which is called one of the three principal monasteries (the other two are Dreprung Monastery and Sera Monastery).stay in the same.
Day 5 Lhasa to Tsedang via Samye (BL)
On the way to Tsedang we stop off at Samye monastery for the afternoon. The Monastery is believed to be Tibet's first monastery, built between 775 and 779. The original building is no longer intact due to destruction caused by wars and natural disasters, but the monastery has been rebuilt each time and still remains the symbol of Tibet's national identity. We will arrive at the simple but comfy Tsedang Hotel or the simlair .
Day 6 Tsedang(BLD)
Visit the Changzhu Temple, the first Lama Hall in Tibet with a history of 1300 years; the Yongbulakang Palace, which is the first Palace in Tibet and more than 2100 years old; the Tibetan King Tombs; stay in the same;
Day 7 Tsedang to Gyantse(BLD)
If the weather is fine we'd like to stop for a picnic lunch on the shores of Yamdrok Lake. As an alternative to this we can make a detour to visit the important Nyingma ('Red Hat') monastery of Mindroling in the morning, and then drive straight through to Gyantse. Stay in 3-star hotel
Day8 Gyantse to Shigartse(about 100km,altitude 3836m, BLD)
Pass Baiju Monastery(or Pelkochode), drive to Shigatse, visit Tashilunpu Monastery, Carpet Factory, Bazaar; prepare food and the other necessity for the following trip, stay in Shigatse Hotel(3 star) or the similar, don’t forget have a shower today.
Day 9Shigatse-Sakya-Tingri( by jeep 6-7 hrs, 200km, altitude about 4200m, BLD):
Visit Sakya Monastery on the way, stay in Tingri hotel or the similar.
Day 10 Tingri-Bace Camp (by jeep 3 hours, 90km, altitude 5150m,BLD)
Visit the Ronbus Monastery, the Bace Camp of the Qomolangma, stay in the Rongbu Monastery or in tent.
Day11 Qomolangma Base Camp to Zhangmu (BLD)
Landscape along the way, go through the exit formalities at Zhangmu Custom. Stay in Zhangmu hotel or the similar.
Day12 Zhangmu to Kathmandu(B)
Enter Nepal through friendship bridge, meet your Nepal tour guide at the border,drive to Kathmandu. Stay in 3-Star hotel
Full day guided tour of Pasupathinath, Boudhanath, Paten &Soyambhu & the city; stay in the same.
Day14 Kathemandu (B)
Visit Bhaktapur Durbar Square and Kathmandu Durbar Square. Stay in the same.
Day15 Kathmandu/Home (B)
Free, send to the airport for the flight back;
B-breakfast, L-lunch, D- dinner
Tour Cost: Currency Converter
| ||2-5 person||6-9 person||Over 10 person||Single Supplement|
(The cost for the child of 2-12 year old is based on 15 % discount of the adult's tour cost.Any baby less than 2 year old is free of any charges. If it turns out there is cost involved, we reserved to collect the cost.)
The tour cost includes:
- Good tourist van or 4WD vehicle as mentioned in the itinerary;
- Meals daily as listed in the itinerary, picnic lunches in remote area if required(B-breakfast, L-lunch, D-dinner);
- Service of English guide and experienced driver;
- Scenic spots admission fee; Nature Reserve Protection fee and/ or camping permit fee (inside nature reserve) if required
- Accommodation: double-occupancy in 4 star hotel in big city, and the best hotel in small cities or counties, clean guest house/hostel/or home-stay in villages as clarified in the itinerary; camping in non-residential area as mentioned in the itinerary, camping gear like tent, sleeping mat, and cooking equipment when required;
- All the Foreigner's Travel Permit to Tibet and the remote area/border area if needed;
- A truck for carrying food and all supporting equipments when necessary.(Normally it is for a group over 6 person driving for more than 5 days into non-residential area,)
- Camel/yak/porter to carry your luggage if trekking and camping for more than 2 days in the desert or non-residential area when required in the itinerary; for a group more than 6 persons we will provide outdoor cooking equipment and a cook to prepare meals;
- All domestic flights/trains/local airport taxes if there is in the itinerary;
The tour cost does not include:
- Meals in your free time or on the train/plane, Personal travel insurance, sleeping bag when camping, tips to tour guide and driver, international flights and related airport taxes, excess baggage charged by Airlines; The medicine for the sickness or accident while on the way, single supplement cost for those who wants to accommodate on a single basis, supplementary trips and services not mentioned, visa costs, any expenses on personal nature not listed above, the extra cost due to the unforeseen events;
- As the exchange rate of CNY to USD is subject to Change, the final price will be calculated according to the Chinese currency CNY. The price in USD dollar is just for your reference.
- We are ready to reserve the e-air ticket from another city to the starting city or from the ending city back to your preferred city if needed.
- The prices do not apply to National Holidays (e.g. Chinese National Day Sep. 30th -Oct.8th , Or other Special Festival time).
- We reserve the right to alternate the visiting order of the scenic spots. The entrance tickets to scenic spots are based present price. We reserve the right to revise the price without notice if the tickets price rise up.
- The really itinerary and hotel/hostel maybe different from the itinerary. For the enjoyment of your trip a "go with the flow" attitude is necessary. Many factors will influence your trip, such as weather conditions, health, route conditions, etc. Please prepare one-two days more as "cushion" day in case of delays in travel due to unforeseen events.
- Tourist insurance is a must before going. Take out appropriate travel insurance to cover hospital treatment, medical evacuation and any activities, including adventure sports, in which you plan to participate. Please provide us the confirmation of insurance company when sign up.
- The part of the area we will visit has not been well developed like Beijing and Shanghai. While it is good to enjoy the well protected nature view and experience unique primitive customs, we should prepare for that even the four star hotel is not so good and the food is not so delicate and various in the small town.