Saturday May. 1th, 2010
Meeting place & time: Bus leaves from East 3 rd Ring Road Lufthansa Center at 8:00am
Walking time: 6 hours
Start height: approx. 200m
Peak: approx. 1290m
Location: Haidian district , Beijing
Travel time: 1.5 hours each way
Level 3 (“Challenging”)
Level 3 hikes will take approximately 6 hours, which is a bit difficult for someone. But most people will be able to complete this hiking without much trouble.
Introdution: Yantaishan Park is a mountain area which is littered with flower-budding trees in spring, lush green forest in summer, and a stunning array of colors in autumn. Coupled with the beauty of this natural landscape, this mountain area offers arduous, yet rewarding day hikes. One of the more popular hikes at Yantaishan Park starts at the official entrance of Yantaishan Park and ends at the Dajuesi temple. Without much of a transition from plains to mountain, the trail winds its way to the top of a 1290 meter peak which offers breathtaking vistas of the surrounding mountains and small, but developing villages. While ascending, you may come upon remnants of an old stone house and many trees bearing beautiful white flowers, if the season is right. Upon descending from the good views, but anti-climatic peak to the Dajuesi temple you will encounter many rock outcroppings among the trees while following a natural-feeling trail. The hike ends at the Dajuesi temple (20 Yuan entrance fee). This temple is small, but facilitates a very natural, relaxing atmosphere. Aside from strictly religious undertakings, the temple also offers a fantastic venue to enjoy boutique teas made on-sight. While there can be a fair number of hikers on Yantaishan side of the hike, the numbers generally begin to thin out as one moves closer to Dajuesi. This mountain area is not accessible by public transport, however, so the number of hikers is restricted to those who hire or own a vehicle. Unlike most hiking areas in China, there are not many, if any, people selling snacks or beverages along the trail, so be sure to take enough water and food to cover a six-hour hike.
The toll fee and vehicle rental fee (10-22 seats) is : RMB1000-1500/group
Hiking Leader cost: RMB400/group
The entrance fee is for this events: about RMB30/person
We will inform each of you guys who registered about the number of participates in total and how much we are going to pay roughly per person one day prior to departure
What to bring on this hike?
1-2 liters of water
Something to eat for lunch
A hat and sunblock if it is sunny, a waterproof jacket if it looks like it might rain, warm clothes, hat, and gloves if it is cold
Good hiking boots
Terms and condition
- This hiking is none-profit event and it will take the Dutch Treatment, we will not Charge any cost in advance, and we will collect the transportation fee during way to the destination. The participant will go dutch all the fee, e.g. transportation fee, leader fee, highway fee and admission fee.
- The vehicle we used is legal tourism vehicle.
- Hiking can be a dangerous activity, and we must emphasize that you come hiking with us at your own risk.
- If the group is less than 5 persons, we reserve the right to cancel the event. In that case, we will put a notice on our website.
- Once you've viewed the event details and have decided you'd like to join us, please register by sending email to us with the information as below:
The name of participant(s):
The number of participant(s):
The passport number of participant(s):
The telephone number (very important):
- Cancellation Policy: If you have some emergent thing to deal and cant attend this hiking, please email us before noon 12:00 ,Friday. If you don't inform us timely, it will affect your next hiking with us. Thank you for your understanding!
- Through our planning and organization we will try to avoid any problems and deal with anything that might occur, but CnAdventure is not responsible for accidents, injuries, or losses suffered on the hikes or on the bus.
- Please strictly & self-conscious observe the meeting time and the group will punctual to leave by the meeting time and not wait for any late participant. But the late participant will averagely go dutch the hiking cost.
- The leader have rights to choose the participant according to the hike level.
- We highly welcome participant to provide the excellent hiking route, if once we accept the route that the participant offer, they will enjoy the discount for this hiking.
By following our guidelines you will make it easier for us to look after everyone on the hike.
- Bring enough food and water: We recommend that you bring a packed lunch and some snacks, and at least two litres of water - three litres of water for a hot day. In winter, bring some hot water if you can.
- Dress appropriately: it is important to bring clothing appropriate to the weather, and you should also be prepared for surprises. Hiking can get hot, so it is good to dress in easily removable layers. It's usually a few degrees colder in the mountains than in the city, and the wind can get quite strong on the tops of the mountains. Bring something waterproof in case of rain, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Stay with the group:each hike has a leader and a tail-person, and you should stay between them. It is especially important to stay in front of the tail-person. Staying with the group makes it easier to follow the trail and stay safe.
- Talk to our guides: our guides will stay in contact with each other with walkie-talkies. If you need a rest, or a short moment of privacy, please let one of our guides know. If you urgently need a ‘short moment of privacy' and can't spot a guide, leave your backpack on the trail and the tail-person will know to stop and wait for you.
- Insurance: we can arrange insurance for you at a cost of 10RMB per day. Please get in touch well in advance if you would like to purchase insurance, it usually takes at least two days to organize.