Saturday April 3rd, 2010
Meeting place & time: East 3 rd Ring Road Lufthansa Center at 8:00am
Hiking features: Old Great Wall & Ancient Towns
Hiking Distance : 10km
Hiking time : 4-5 hours
Start height : approx. 200m
Peak height : approx. 1300m
Location : Changping County, Beijing
Travel time : 2 hours each way
Level of difficulty: 2 (“moderate”)
Particular hike gradually gains about 900m in elevation and is fine for those with a bit of hiking experience and a decent fitness level. It takes four to five hours.
Group size: 10-20 persons
Introduction: Cnadventure first takes you to Changyucheng Village in Changping, north of Beijing for a visit of its old, dilapitated opera stage and temples; then we ascend stone steps along trees and brooks up to the mountain until we arrive at the border stone between Hebei and Beijing, and a beautiful panorama view of distant snow-capped mountains and hopefully full blossoms. We then walk along a dirt trail lined with trees to the Great Wall. Just before arriving at the Wall, we encounter a large meadow with yellow grass in winter and wild flowers in summer. We also explore the Wall's special round watchtowers.
The toll fee and vehicle rental fee is :RMB1000-1500/group
Hiking Leader cost and administration fee: RMB400/group
We will inform everybody who registered about the number of participates in total and how much we are going to pay per person one day prior to departure.
What to bring on this hike?
- 1-2 liters of water
- Snacks and a packed lunch
- A hat and sunblock if it is sunny, a waterproof jacket if it looks like it might rain, warm clothes,
- hat, and gloves if it is cold
- Good hiking boots
Terms and condition
1.This trip, along with all others hosted by BEACON, is a non-profit event and we'll all “go Dutch”, each person paying for their expenses (transportation, entrance fees, guide fees). We don't charge any costs upfront and will collect the fees on the way to the destination..
2.The vehicle we'll use is a legally registered tourism vehicle.
3.f the group is less than 5 persons, we reserve the right to cancel the event. In that case, we will put a notice on our website.
4.Once you've viewed the event details and have decided you'd like to join us, please register by sending email to us with the information as below:
The name of participant(s):
The number of participant(s):
The telephone number(very important):
5.Cancellation Policy: If you've registered for an event but suddenly can't make it, , please email us before noon 12:00 ,Friday. If you don't let us know by then, it will affect your relationship with us next time.. Thank you for your understanding!
6.Through our planning and organization we will do our best to avoid any problems and deal with anything that might occur, but CnAdventure is not responsible for accidents, injuries, or losses suffered on the trips or on the bus.
By following our guidelines you will make it easier for us to look after everyone on the hike.
- Bring enough food and water: We recommend that you bring a packed lunch and some snacks, and at least two liters of water - three liters of water for a hot day. In winter, bring some hot water if you can.
- Dress appropriately: it is important to bring clothing appropriate to the weather, and you should also be prepared for surprises. Hiking can get hot, so it is good to dress in easily removable layers. It's usually a few degrees colder in the mountains than in the city, and the wind can get quite strong on the tops of the mountains. Bring something waterproof in case of rain, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Stay with the group:each hike has a leader and a tail-person, and you should stay between them. It is especially important to stay in front of the tail-person . Staying with the group makes it easier to follow the trail and stay safe.
- Talk to our guides: our guides will stay in contact with each other with walkie-talkies. If you need a rest, or a short moment of privacy, please let one of our guides know. If you urgently need a ‘short moment of privacy' and can't spot a guide, leave your backpack on the trail and the tail-person will know to stop and wait for you.
- Insurance: we can arrange insurance for you at a cost of 10RMB per day. Please get in touch well in advance if you would like to purchase insurance. It usually takes at least two days to organize.