Sightseeing in Tibet: Lhasa, Gyantse, Shigatse
Codigo del tour: ST-W-011
Destino: Lhasa, Gyantze, Shigatze
Tiempo apropiado para la visita: from Jan to Oct
Fecha de salida: on request 2016
This trip is designed for the travelers who don't have a long time for the exploring Tibet but are keen on the Tibetan culture and the amazing highland scenery. It will start in Lhasa, the holy capital of Tibet, where we will explore its monasteries, temples and local Tibetan's daily life under the guidance of our experience Tibetan Guide. We will also make our way to Gyantse and Shigatse to visit the famed Gyantse Castle, Yamdrok Lake one of the most sacred Lake in Tibet, Karola Glacier and Tashilhumo Monastery.
DAY-BY-DAY DETAILED ITINERARY:
Day 1 Lhasa
Arrival Lhasa. Meet and greated by your local guide and driver. Transfer to the hotel for a good rest. Stay in 3-star hotel in the center of the old town.
Day 2 Lhasa(altitude 3,700m, BL)
Since we have just made a sudden ascent from lowland to an altitude of over 3,700 meters (12,139 ft), today’s itinerary is not so tight. Visit Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery, and Norbulingka. Stay in the same.
Drepung is about 8km west of central Lhasa, once world's largest monastery with about 10,000 monks. This day's sightseeing begins with these white monastic buildings piled up on the hillside. Walking up to the hill is a pleasant thing, an easy break from the solemn ambience inside the halls and chapels. At the plat roof of hillside, you can have very good views of the whole Lhasa city and the distant mountains.
Sera Monastery sits at the foot of the mountains. One of the three main Gelupka monasteries in Lhasa, Sera is an important spiritual center for Buddhist monks. If we are lucky enough, we could watch the Lamas in their traditional theological exercise of lively debating.
Norbulinka (the summer palace of dalai lamas):"Norbu Linka" means beautiful gardens. This garden covers an area of 36 hectares and it is the annual vacation home for the 7th to the 14th Dalai Lama, who would move here from the Potala Palace to this summer palace and spend most of their summer here.
We will visit the Potala Palace, landmark of Lhasa and spiritual symbol of Tibet - you will join many pilgrims on your way to the top of a hill where this 13-storey architectural wonder is perched upon. The approach to the Potala is not easy, and requires climbing many steep steps, so we take it slowly and allow ourselves to leisurely enjoy the Palace and its surroundings. We enjoy strolling through its winding corridors and peaking in some of its thousand rooms, and can only imagine what life here was once like. In the afternoon, we visit the Jokhang Temple, the spiritual center of Lhasa. As we make the inner circuit around the courtyard, spinning numerous prayer wheels as we go, we are swept up in the energy of the devout. From the rooftop, we get stunning views of the Potala, and the snow capped peaks off in the distance. Around the Temple runs the Barkhor, a holy circuit which pilgrims undertake and a bustling commercial market. The rest of the time is left free for you to venture around Bakhor market, where you will feel you are right at the heart of Tibet. Stay in the same.
Day 4Lhasa/Gyantse/Shigatse (BL, altitude 3900m)
Drive from Lhasa to Gyangtse (3,950 m or 12,956 feet) vs Yamdrok Tso Lake (4408 m),one of Tibet’s three holy lakes and located 110km outside of Lhasa. It takes three and a half hour to Yamdrok Tso Lake, most of the time we are driving on the mountain road, winding and bumpy. Far in the distance is the huge massif of Mt. Nojin Kangtsang (7191m). At arrival at Gyantse visit the Pelkor Chode monastery and its associated Kumbum (three dimension mandala) temple. Gyantse is a relaxed town offering a splendid sight of the Kumbum Stupa situated at its Northern edge. Housed within the compound of a rather barren looking Pelkor Chode Monastery, Kumbun consists of 8 levels and a total of 75 chapels with wonderful murals revered by art scholars around the world. Drive back to Shigatse. It would be a long day for about 10 hours. Stay in Shigatse Hotel or similar
Day 5Shigatse/Lhasa (BLD)
Today we will visit Shigase---the second largest city in Tibet. We will have enough time t explore the Tashilhumo Monastery, the seat of Panchen Lama built in 1447. The monastery houses a giant statue of the Maitreya Buddha and a tomb of the 4th Panchen Lama containing masses of jewels and gold. Then drive back to Lhasa. Tibetan dinner with dancing and singing. Stay in 3-star hotel.
Day 6 Lhasa(B)
Transfer to the railway station or airport leave Lhasa. The end of the tour.
B-breakfast L-lunch D-dinner
Costo de Tour: conversión actual
| ||2-3 person||4-5 person||6-9 person||Over 10 person||Single Supplement|
(The cost for the child of 2-12 year old is based on 15 % discount of the adult's tour cost.Any baby less than 2 year old is free of any charges. If it turns out there is cost involved, we reserved to collect the cost.)
The tour cost includes:
- Land transfer service, meals daily as listed in the itinerary(B-breakfast， L-lunch, D-dinner), service of English-speaking guide, experienced driver, scenic spots admission fee, twin share room in 4-star hotel in big city, the best hotel in small cities or counties, clean carefully-chosen guest house/hostel/or home-stay in village or old town; all domestic flights or trains and local airport taxes if there is in the itinerary.
The tour cost Does not include:
- meals in your free time and on the train/plane, personal travel insurance (very important); transfer/guide/entrance tickets in your free time, extra luggage truck, international flights and related airport taxes, any tips (hotels, restaurants, guide, driver, etc.), photography charges at monasteries/palaces/sites if required, supplementary trips and services not mentioned, supplement cost for those who wants to accommodate on a single basis, any expenses on personal nature not listed above, the extra cost due to the unforeseen events;
- As the exchange rate of CNY to USD is subject to Change, the final price will be calculated according to the Chinese currency CNY. The price in USD dollar is just for your reference.
- We are ready to reserve the e-air ticket from another city to the starting city or from the ending city back to your preferred city if needed.
- Before you pay deposit to book the tour, we haven’t made any reservation yet. The train, flight tickets and the hotel may different from the itinerary listed.
- The visiting order of the scenic spots in the itinerary may change according to the traffic condition and other unforeseen things.
- Tourist insurance is a must before going, please provide us the confirmation of insurance company when sign up.
- The prices do not apply to National Holidays (e.g. Chinese National Day Sep. 30th -Oct.8th , Or other Special Festival time).