8-day Yunnan tour
Dali, Lijiang, Tiger Leaping Gorge & Zhongdian
Codigo del tour: ST-S-001
Destino: Yunnan, Dali, Zhongdian(Shangri-la)
Tiempo apropiado para la visita: all year
Fecha de salida: On request Jan 01, 2013
Yunnan tour starts Kunming, then fly to Dali which is located at the foot of Cangshan Mountain and was built in the reign of Emperor Hongwu of Ming Dynasty (1382 AD). Spend enough time explore Lijiang for the famous Dragon Snow Mountain, ancient town as well as Tiger Leaping Gorge - one of the most attractive area in Southwest China. You could not only experience the wonderful scenery but also explore different culture of Bai and Naxi ethnic group. Your tour will ended in Zhongdian or say Shangrila.
Day 1 Kunming (by air)
Arrive at the airport of Kunming. The local guide will meet you there transfer to 4-star hotel in Kunming.
Day 2 Kunming/Dali (BL)
Drive to Kunming airport for the flight to Dali. Meet and greet by the local guide at the airport and transfer to the hotel. Today you will visit Bai people's houses and cruise on the Er’hai Lake. On the boat, you can taste the unique Three-course-tea of local Bai people and enjoy the ethnic Bai people dancing and singing performance. Visit Three Pagodas Chinese temple (Chongsheng San Ta Si in Chinese) near Dali. Stay in 4-star hotel.
Day 3 Dali /Lijiang (BL)
The highlight of today is the visit of the Old Dali Town, which is located at the foot of Cangshan Mountain and was built in the reign of Emperor Hongwu of Ming Dynasty (1382 AD). Taste some local snacks when your walk along the small streets. Leisure hiking up to the Cangshan Mountain, overlook the old town and Erhai Lake. Then drive to Lijiang. Free in Lijiang in the evening. Stay in 4-star hotel Lijiang.
Day 4 Lijiang(B)
Free time in the morning. You could walk around the old town. This afternoon, you will be accompanied by the guide to explore the Lijiang. Stay in the same.
Day 5 Lijiang (BL)
Full day trip to Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, Yak Meadow, Baishuihe, Baisha Murals. Stay in the same.
-Jade Dragon Snow Mountain:The mountain consists of 13 peaks. Among of them, the highest one is 18000 feet above sea level. It is a treasure of wild plants and rare animals.
-Yak Meadow(Maoniuping):Part of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, where the Yi and Zang Minority Ethnic Tribes live.
-Baishuihe: a similar spot as Baishuitai, the birthplace of Naxi Minority Ethnic Tribe and their culture-Dongba, a wonder of water and limestone.
-Baisha Murals: With the spread of the Buddhism, people painted plenty of murals on the walls in temples since Ming Dynasty.
Day 6 Lijiang/Tiger Leaping Gorge/Zhongdian (BL)
Drive for two hours to Qiatou(means Bridge End in Chinese)(1835m). After crossing the Yangtze River, you will arrive at Tinas’ guest house. On the way you could have a great view of Yulong Snow Mountain and overlooking the Jinshaojiang River Valley. After a short rest in Tinas’ guest horse, you will have 2 hours walk to the Middle Tiger Leaping Gorge. Hiking down to Tina’s Guest house passing a small but high waterfall on the way. Then you will trek further down to the Middle Tiger Leaping Gorge and back(about two hours). After lunch, drive to Zhondian. Stay in 4-star hotel, comfortable and local style.
Day 7 Zhongdian(BL)
Today you will visit Bitahai Lake and Ganden Sumsanlin Monastery.Hidden in dense forest, Bitahai is a well known freshwater lake in western Yunnan. In Tibetan, Bita means a blanket of oak trees. With an elevation of 3540 meters , the lake is 40 meters at the deepest and remains emerald all year round . Ganden Sumsanlin monastery, the largest monastery in Yunnan, built in the 17th century. This impressive monastery was established under the instruction of the 5th Dalai Lama, and is home to over 700 monks. Drive back to Zhongdian, free time for you to explore the old town. Stay in the same.
Day 8 Zhondian/Kunming(B)
The guide and drive will send you to the airport for the flight to Kunming, then change flight out of Kunming on your own. Then end of the tour.
Costo de Tour: conversión actual
| ||2-3 person||4-5 person||6-9 person||Over 10 person||Single Supplement|
(The cost for the child of 2-12 year old is based on 15 % discount of the adult's tour cost.Any baby less than 2 year old is free of any charges. If it turns out there is cost involved, we reserved to collect the cost.)
The tour cost includes:
- Land transfer service, meals daily as listed in the itinerary(B-breakfast， L-lunch, D-dinner), service of English-speaking guide, experienced driver, scenic spots admission fee, twin share room in 4-star hotel in big city, the best hotel in small cities or counties, clean carefully-chosen guest house/hostel/or home-stay in village or old town; all domestic flights or trains and local airport taxes if there is in the itinerary.
The tour cost Does not include:
- meals in your free time and on the train/plane, personal travel insurance (very important); transfer/guide/entrance tickets in your free time, extra luggage truck, international flights and related airport taxes, any tips (hotels, restaurants, guide, driver, etc.), photography charges at monasteries/palaces/sites if required, supplementary trips and services not mentioned, supplement cost for those who wants to accommodate on a single basis, any expenses on personal nature not listed above, the extra cost due to the unforeseen events;
- As the exchange rate of CNY to USD is subject to Change, the final price will be calculated according to the Chinese currency CNY. The price in USD dollar is just for your reference.
- We are ready to reserve the e-air ticket from another city to the starting city or from the ending city back to your preferred city if needed.
- Before you pay deposit to book the tour, we haven’t made any reservation yet. The train, flight tickets and the hotel may different from the itinerary listed.
- The visiting order of the scenic spots in the itinerary may change according to the traffic condition and other unforeseen things.
- Tourist insurance is a must before going, please provide us the confirmation of insurance company when sign up.
- The prices do not apply to National Holidays (e.g. Chinese National Day Sep. 30th -Oct.8th , Or other Special Festival time).