A Glimpse at Shaolin Kung fu and Longmen Grottoes
Martial Art of Shaolin Temple, Longmen Grottoes and Cave Dwelling
Tour Code: CF-E-001
Destination: Luoyang, Dengfeng
Good time to visit: all year
Departure date: on request 2016
Chinese Kung fu is a precious treasure that belongs not only to China but to the whole world. We will take you to the cradle of Chinese Shaolin Kung fu - the Shaolin Temple to explore the evolution of Shoalin Kung fu and the great impact on people's lives both in ancient times and the present day. Along with the Mogao Caves and Yungang Grottoes, the Longmen Grottoes are one of the three most famous ancient sculptural sites in China. There are over 2100 niches, more than 100,000 statues, some 40 pagodas and 3600 tablets and steles in the caves of Guyang, Binyang and Lianhua. Moreover, the highlight of this tour is visiting Chinese traditional cave dwelling which is a special "structure", a useful space formed not by addition, but by subtraction. And the natural condition of dry weather in that area:little rain, cold winter and limited timber creates an opportunity for the development and continuity of cave dwellings which are warm in winter, cool in summer, very economical and require no timber in construction.
DAY-BY-DAY DETAIDED ITINERARY:
Day1：Beijing/Zhengzhou/Dengfeng (by Train) (L/D)
Take early train to Zhengzhou(D133,6:54-11:58),Pick up at the train station. Then Drive to Kongfu’s hometown-Dengfeng.Visit Shaolin Temple, Pagoda forest and Kongfu show. At night enjoy Zen Music Shaolin Grand Ceremony. Transfer to Luoyang.
Overnight in 4 star hotel in Luoyang
Day2: Luoyang/Sanmenxia/Luoyang （B/L/D）
After breakfast, transfer to Sanmenxia, Visit Cave-dwelling Houses , experiences the authentic live style of people from Nothwest China. After lunch, visit Guo State Museum, which demonstrates number of unearthed cultrual relics that can be traced back to 3500 years. Transfer to Luoyang.
Overnight in 4 star hotel in Luoyang
Day3：Luoyang/Zhengzhou/Beijing (by train) (B/L)
After breakfast,drive to the world culture heritage-Longmen Grottos. Along with the Mogao Caves and Yungang Grottoes, the Longmen Grottoes are one of the three most famous ancient sculptural sites in China. There are over 2100 niches, more than 100,000 statues, some 40 pagodas and 3600 tablets and steles in the caves of Guyang, Binyang and Lianhua.Having lunch on the way, in the afternoon, wandering in the blooming Peony during Peony festival. Drive to Zhengzhou,Take train D132(18:10-22:57) to Beijing. End of trip.
Luoyang Peony festival: April 1st to May 3rd
The Luoyang Peony is China's traditional and well-known flower. It always represents elegance and poise. With various varieties and marvelous colors, the Luoyang Peony enjoys the honor of "King of the Flower Kingdom" and "Luoyang Peony Ranking the First under Heaven".
B=breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner
Tour Cost: Currency Converter
| ||1 person||2-3 person||4-5 person||6-9 person||Over 10 person||Single Supplement|
(The cost for the child of 2-12 year old is based on 15 % discount of the adult's tour cost.Any baby less than 2 year old is free of any charges. If it turns out there is cost involved, we reserved to collect the cost.)
The tour cost includes:
- Land transfer service, meals daily as listed in the itinerary(B-breakfast， L-lunch, D-dinner), service of English-speaking guide, experienced driver, scenic spots admission fee, twin share room in 4-star hotel in big city, the best hotel in small cities or counties, clean carefully-chosen guest house/hostel/or home-stay in village or old town; all domestic flights or trains and local airport taxes if there is in the itinerary.
The tour cost Does not include:
- meals in your free time and on the train/plane, personal travel insurance (very important); transfer/guide/entrance tickets in your free time, extra luggage truck, international flights and related airport taxes, any tips (hotels, restaurants, guide, driver, etc.), photography charges at monasteries/palaces/sites if required, supplementary trips and services not mentioned, supplement cost for those who wants to accommodate on a single basis, any expenses on personal nature not listed above, the extra cost due to the unforeseen events;
- As the exchange rate of CNY to USD is subject to Change, the final price will be calculated according to the Chinese currency CNY. The price in USD dollar is just for your reference.
- We are ready to reserve the e-air ticket from another city to the starting city or from the ending city back to your preferred city if needed.
- Before you pay deposit to book the tour, we haven’t made any reservation yet. The train, flight tickets and the hotel may different from the itinerary listed.
- The visiting order of the scenic spots in the itinerary may change according to the traffic condition and other unforeseen things.
- Tourist insurance is a must before going, please provide us the confirmation of insurance company when sign up.
- The prices do not apply to National Holidays (e.g. Chinese National Day Sep. 30th -Oct.8th , Or other Special Festival time).