HomeBirdingWet land birding tour: Lashi Lake & Napa Hai
Wet land birding tour: Lashi Lake & Napa Hai
LIjiang & Zhondian(Shangri-la)
Codigo del tour: BR-S-001
Destino: Lijiang, Zhongdian(Shangri-la)
Tiempo apropiado para la visita: from Jan to Mar, from Nov to Dec
Fecha de salida: on request 2016
The black-necked crane is considered globally vulnerable and is distributed only in southwest China. This species is now rare, breeding on the Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau and northwest Sichuan and wintering in wet, cultivated areas of southern Tibet, Yunnan and Guizhou. This birding tour give you a chance to see the rare black-necked crane in north of Yunnan. You will first birding in Lashi lake. Then drive to Zhongdian. Birding in Napa Hai.
Lashi Lake provides habitat for 198 bird species — 77 of which are migratory shorebirds. This area has the greatest abundance of bird species in Yunnan. As many as 80,000 birds migrate to this wetland during winter. Three are National First-Ranked Protection species: the black stork, black-necked crane, and hooded crane.
Napa Hai is a seasonal lake in Zhongdian, Yunnan Province. The Napahai Lake is 3270 meters above sea level and covers 660 square Km . Mountains stand by it on three sides and 10-plus rivers flow into it after zigzagging through the grasslands. Many rare birds inhabit there in winter. Rare birds such as black necked crane, bar-headed goose and mallard flock to the area for winter. Actually Shangri-la is home of the black necked crane, a rare and endangered species with a population of around 10,000 around the world. This area is one of the best places for birding.
DAY-BY-DAY DETAILED ITINERARY:
Day 1：Lijiang (L)
Pick you up at your hotel in Lijiang. Birding in Lashi Lake this afternoon. Stay in 4-star hotel.
Day 2: Lijiang-Zhongdian (BL)
Drive to zhongdian. Birding in Napahai Nature Reserve in Zhongdian. Stay in 3-star hotel.
Day 3: Hongdian (BL)
Birds watch in Napahai Nature Reserve in Zhongdian, Overnight in Zhongdian.
B-breakfast, L- lunch, D- dinner
Costo de Tour: conversión actual
| ||2-3 person||4-5 person||6-9 person||Over 10 person||Single Supplement|
|Tour Cost||On request||On request||On request||On request||On request|
(The cost for the child of 2-12 year old is based on 15 % discount of the adult's tour cost.Any baby less than 2 year old is free of any charges. If it turns out there is cost involved, we reserved to collect the cost.)
The tour cost includes:
- Land transfer service,
- Meals daily as listed in the itinerary(including several picnic lunches when birding, B-breakfast, L-lunch, D-dinner); ,
- Service of English-speaking guide, experienced driver,
- Scenic spots admission fee, Nature Reserve Protection fee and camping permit fee (inside nature reserve) if required,
- All the Foreigner's Travel Permit to Tibet and the remote area/border area if needed;
- Double-occupancy in 4 star hotel in big city, and the best hotel in small cities or counties, clean guest house/hostel/or home-stay in villages as clarified in the itinerary; camping in non-residential area as mentioned in the itinerary, camping gear like tent, sleeping mattress when required;
- All domestic flights(economy class)/trains/local airport taxes if there is in the itinerary.
The tour cost does not include:
- Birding equipment(binoculars, bird Spotting Scopes tripod, camera, etc ), meals in your free time or on the train/plane, personal travel insurance, sleeping bag when camping, tips to tour guide and driver, international flights and related airport taxes, excess baggage charged by Airlines; The medicine for the sickness or accident while on the way, single supplement cost for those who wants to accommodate on a single basis, supplementary trips and services not mentioned, visa costs, any expenses on personal nature not listed above, the extra cost due to the unforeseen events;
- As the exchange rate of CNY to USD is subject to Change, the final price will be calculated according to the Chinese currency CNY. The price in USD dollar is just for your reference.
- We reserve to right to choose the train according to the seat. We couldn’t promise the soft or hard sleeper, it could be either of them.
- The prices do not apply to National Holidays (e.g. Chinese National Day Sep. 30th -Oct.8th , or other Special Festival time).
- For less than 10-day tour, reservation should be made at least one week before departure time. For more than 10-day tour reservation should be made at least one month before departure time.
- We reserve the right to alternate the visiting order of the scenic spots. The entrance tickets to scenic spots are based present price. We reserve the right to revise the price without notice if the tickets price rise up.
- For more than 10-day birding tour, this is a tentative itinerary, the really itinerary and hotel/hostel maybe different from the itinerary. For the enjoyment of your trip a "go with the flow" attitude is necessary. Many factors will influence your trip, such as weather conditions, health, route conditions, etc. Please prepare one-two days more as "cushion" day in case of delays in travel due to unforeseen events.
- Tourist insurance is a must before going. Take out appropriate travel insurance to cover hospital treatment, medical evacuation and any activities, including adventure sports, in which you plan to participate. Please provide us the confirmation of insurance company when sign up.
- The part of the area we will visit has not been well developed like Beijing and Shanghai. While it is good to enjoy the well protected nature view and experience unique primitive customs, we should prepare for that even the four star hotel is not so good and the food is not so delicate and various in the small town.
Tips for birding:
- Essential Birding equipment: Bird Watching Binoculars, bird Spotting Scopes for getting a good view of distant birds, a good tripod for bird watching, etc.
- Photography: We'll spend our time trying to see birds, but the keen photographer will find plenty of opportunity to make use of the often excellent light.
- Necessary: Enough films and batteries, Sun-cream with the protection index of 40-60, sunglasses with a sun protection factor of 15, the lip creams and balms with SPF rating, towel, toothpaste, electric torch, snacks. Cloth that you bring must be warm enough and can be removed easily enough according to the temperature when birding. including Jacket, hat, Mittens or gloves, cotton underwear, Socks, Long-sleeve Shirts, T-shirts and Pants comfortable shoes, rain gear (long rain coat is better)．
Two of us enjoyed a truly wonderful tour of Guilin, Yangshuo and surrounding countryside. Many thanks to CnAdventures for providing very helpful assistance and our guide, David, who was really terrific, both accommodating and informative. The trip provided a great deal of variety as we hiked, biked and rafted through some of the most gorgeous countryside I have ever seen. An unplanned side trip to the Dragon's Backbone Rice Terrace was a most worthwhile addition to our itinerary. Another nice aspect to the trip was the opportunity to sample some excellent local food along the way--stuffed snails and sticky rice cooked in bamboo were a couple of highlights along with rice wine and osmanthus tea.