South Coast Cycling Tour
Codigo del tour: BK-S-002
Biking Distance: 85-90km/day
Biking Time: 4-5h/day
Tiempo apropiado para la visita: from Jan to Apr, from Oct to Dec
Fecha de salida: on request 2016
Cycling down the coast from Haikou to Sanya, major cities of Hainan Island, which is one of the best casual cycling tour in tropical China.This route is pretty easy and 99% are national highway and major road. The topography are mostly coastal plain, mesa, hillyground.It has totally one Hill climb point which is level 4 and another one is level 3. It goes through 1 county and 4 cities,easy supply and convenient accommodation. Plenty of tropical forests, coconut trees and beaches are shocking you on the way.Attractions:Wenchang to Qionghai Coconut trees view road,Fenjie mountain rain forest reserve,beaches.
DAY-BY-DAY DETAILED ITINERARY:
Main attactions: Airport pick-up, group meeting and briefing of the biking tour coming.
Overnight in 4 star hotel in Haikou. （D）
Main attraction：arrive first coastal destination-Wenchang, and visit home town of China Opera-Dazhibo.
Overnight in Wenchang (B/L/D)
Main attraction: Boao.Country road along with tons of coconut trees.
Overnight in Qionghai (B/L/D)
Main attractions: cross tropical rivers and Wanning Reservior,Xinglong hotspring
.Overnight in Xinglong. (B/L/D)
Main attraction: Yalong Mountain,Tielu port Lagoon, Fengjie Mountain,Nanlin Tropical Rainforest Nature Reserve,Sun River Valley . Finally arrive our destination.Sanya
Overnight in 4 star hotel in Sanya (B/L)
Free day in Sanya. ,lying on the beach,diving,whatever you like,just relax..Take evenig flight back home.(B)
Tour Cost: Currency Converter
| ||2-3 person||4-5 person||6-9 person||Over 10 person||Single Supplement|
(The cost for the child of 2-12 year old is based on 15 % discount of the adult's tour cost.Any baby less than 2 year old is free of any charges. If it turns out there is cost involved, we reserved to collect the cost.)
The tour cost includes:
- Meals daily as listed in the itinerary, picnic lunches in remote area if required(B-breakfast， L-lunch, D-dinner);
- Service of English-speaking guide
- Scenic spots admission fee; Nature Reserve Protection fee and/ or camping permit fee (inside nature reserve) if required
- Accommodation: double-occupancy in 4 star hotel in big city, and the best hotel in small cities or counties, clean guest house/hostel/or home-stay in villages as clarified in the itinerary; camping in non-residential area as mentioned in the itinerary(tent and mattress),
- One bike for each and supportive vehicles as required(For tours in the mountainous area like Yunnan, Qinghai, Tibet, etc. we strongly suggest the participant bring your own mountainous bike with you.)
- All domestic flights/trains/local airport taxes if there is in the itinerary;
The tour cost does not include:
- Personal travel accident insurance.
- The fee of rescuing for any accident, including but not limited:
a. Asking the help from the international SOS;
b. Transfer service and amending fee, if the bike is seriously damaged.
c. While repairing the bike, the rental fee must be paid.
d. Any others.
- The medicine for the sickness or accident while on the way.
- Transfer, guide, entrance tickets, and meals in your free time,
- Sleeping bag if camping.
- photography charges at monasteries/palaces/sites.
- Chinese visa fees; Excess baggage charged by Airlines; Single room supplement; Tips to guides and drivers;
- Domestic or/and international flights and related airport taxes not listed,
- The extra cost due to the unforeseen events or weather; supplementary trips and services not mentioned, and personal expenses and the items don’t listed in the “The tour cost includes” column.
- Once you confirm the trip, the quotation in RMB is fixed (subject to the items above). However, as exchange rates may continue to fluctuate, we reserve the right to modify the price quoted in USD to match the original RMB quotation, when you pay.
- Reservation should be made at least ONE MONTH before departure time.
- The train and flight schedules are presented according to time-tables available at time of publication; they are subject to change according to any new schedule, and we reserve the right to choose alternate flights.
- Prices may be somewhat higher if tour dates fall on public holidays (including, but not limited to, Chinese National Day Sep. 30th -Oct.8th , Or other Special Festival time).
- The quotation is based on the present domestic air fare and discounts available; we reserve the right to modify the price according to the airline’s policy.
- If you prefer to have a single room, you are expected to pay the single supplement.
- This is a tentative itinerary, the really itinerary and hotel/hostel maybe different from the itinerary. For the enjoyment of your trip a "go with the flow" attitude is necessary. Many factors will influence your trip, such as weather conditions, health, route conditions, etc. Please prepare two days more as "cushion" day in case of delays in travel due to unforeseen events.
- The part of the area we will visit has not been well developed like Beijing and Shanghai. While it is good to enjoy the well protected nature view and experience unique primitive folk customs, we should prepare for that even the star hotel is not so good and though we will try our best, the food may not be so delicate and various.
- Very important: When you are planning to do mountain biking, you acknowledge that there are risks involved in this sport and confirm that you are fully aware of and accept these risks. You may or may not be required to sign a separate acknowledgement and acceptance of personal liability by the local supplier before being allowed to do cycling. And if you are not allowed to participate because you refuse to sign, you will have no claim against CSH or the supplier and will not be entitled to any refund or compensation.
- The participants we are looking for: HEALTHY!!! able to cycle for over 6 hours a day; prepared to cross high altitude passes and over difficult terrain in remote areas; experienced in mountainous area riding (with many bends, turns, and possibly switchbacks); excellent physical condition required with a positive attitude and a strong determination; previous hiking experience preferred. Please keep in mind that this is a general guide only. A variety of factors, including weather, may add to the challenge.
- This is a tentative itinerary, the final itinerary and hotel/hostel may vary considerably from the itinerary. For the enjoyment of your trip, a "go with the flow" attitude is necessary. Many factors will influence the trip, such as weather conditions, health, route conditions, etc. Please allow one extra days as "cushion" days in case of delays in travel due to unforeseen events.
- Regardless of your previous high-altitude experience, it is crucial that you be self-confident, superbly fit, committed, and determined at the outset of the expedition and possess the necessary stamina and experience to be a contributing player in the excursion.
- Biking Gear suggested: Wind/waterproof coat, Hip pad, kneepad, gorro, helmet, Headlight, towel, sun block, glove, shoes for cycling etc
- While you will most-certainly enjoy the fantastic views offered with this exciting biking adventure, there will also be unexpected encounters with other vehicular traffic, especially big trucks making wide turns, so you should ride very carefully in these places.
- Many tourists have an uncomfortable feeling in the high-plateau areas, generally headaches and being out-of-breath; don’t be worried about it and you will adapt to the altitude in 2-3 days.
- To counter altitude-sickness in the high plateaus, be sure to take extra rest and try to avoid arriving with a cold. Although extra oxygen will be available for those who need to stop and take an extra breath or so, any quantity brought along will be limited, and cyclists cannot be dependent on its availability
- Please be respectful of local customs and religion while you are in any area of a minority people; pay attention to any instructions given by the local guide and cooperate with him/her.
- Please be aware not to expect/order the meat of dog, horse, mule, pig, or donkey, all of which are forbidden in Tibetan areas; eating the meat of any animal slaughtered without proper religious supervision is also forbidden
- It’s not allowed to watch the Tibetan sky burial without their permission
- To be polite, it is expected that you finish any beverage served to you in a cup, upon being greeted by a Tibetan; if you cannot finish the drink, please politely beg their pardon.
- When greeted by a Tibetan who puts a silk scarf around your neck as a present, leave it on – do not immediately take it off.
- There are some special taboos in Muslim area, such as exposed skin, head coverings, and proper conduct in mosques – listen to the guide
- It’s prohibited to drink or to smoke in any Tibetan Monastery
- Check with the guide regarding taking photographs; it’s forbidden to take any photos in a monastery without permission, although you may be allowed to “buy” permission. Always ask permission before taking a photo of monks or women, regardless of where they are.
Two of us enjoyed a truly wonderful tour of Guilin, Yangshuo and surrounding countryside. Many thanks to CnAdventures for providing very helpful assistance and our guide, David, who was really terrific, both accommodating and informative. The trip provided a great deal of variety as we hiked, biked and rafted through some of the most gorgeous countryside I have ever seen. An unplanned side trip to the Dragon's Backbone Rice Terrace was a most worthwhile addition to our itinerary. Another nice aspect to the trip was the opportunity to sample some excellent local food along the way--stuffed snails and sticky rice cooked in bamboo were a couple of highlights along with rice wine and osmanthus tea.